Node info

3469   8   1
27 posts
I just installed latest Houdini build apprentice version. When Im inside the VOP, node area and Im hoovering over node parameters I don't get any info about the specific connectors. Where can I change it?
2537 posts
This works for me using Houdini 15.5 I see a black popup tool tip with basically the socket type and label. There isn't a lot of info there to begin with.

Are you using a tablet as your input device perhaps?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
27 posts
I use Wacom Tablet.
2537 posts
I have found some tablets produce too jittery mouse coordinates for tool tips to detect non-movement. Try hovering over the item then lift the pen away from the tablet to lock in that mouse screen position.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
27 posts
You're right. When I remove my pen the parameter details shows. This is of course not the optimal workflow so I will need to come up with some kind of solution. If someone can push me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I also tried it on my laptop Macbook Pro with OSX and there everything works fine with the tablet.

Enivob
I have found some tablets produce too jittery mouse coordinates for tool tips to detect non-movement. Try hovering over the item then lift the pen away from the tablet to lock in that mouse screen position.
Edited by plazadelmar - July 1, 2016 06:13:41
27 posts
Seems like there are many posts on the web about removal or decreasing hovering over function on the wacom tablets. So far no-one knows. If somebody here knows hot to configure it please let me know.
Edited by plazadelmar - July 4, 2016 02:12:13
65 posts
I have a Wacom mouse, even releasing it, the popup's won't show, only the lifting trick works. So friggin annoying.
~ Messing about with pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years [vimeo.com] ~
333 posts
I just wanted to add that you can hold ctrl to make tooltips popup. just hold ctrl and hover over the input or any parameter.
No need to painfully lift the wacom pen.

Hope it helps.
27 posts
Doudini
I just wanted to add that you can hold ctrl to make tooltips popup. just hold ctrl and hover over the input or any parameter.
No need to painfully lift the wacom pen.

Hope it helps.

This works perfectly. Great advice. Thanks a lot.
  • Quick Links