Export FlipBook to .avi with audio

2430   0   0
2042 posts
Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to answer a few questions or comment about flipbooks.

My scene in the viewport is set to a camera whose resolution was defined as 640 x 480.

However, when I look at the flip book settings it shows resolution as 740 x 549.

In this case the addage ‘if it ain’t broke don't fix it' seems to be the case. Because if I just leave it, the ‘render’ seems to come out fine. But if I change the flipbook resolution to match the cameras ( 640 x 480 in this case ) the image does become elongated in the vertical directions. Seems strange why this is happening, would be good to know why.

Also, when I initially try to set up the flip book to include a .wav audio file it simply will not create a flip book. No error messages or anything, nothing happens.

So I created the flipbook without audio, and when it was done exported it to an *.avi file with no problems.

Then I remembered I could load audio into MPlay, so with the created flipbook still ‘up’ in MPlay I loaded the audiofile ( *.wav ) and watched my scene and think about ideas for syncing.

So I thought I would export with the audio loaded (into the same *.avi format as before) but I get the error message as in the attachment telling me audio isn't supported and ‘unknown fileformat JPEG’.

So I guess in the end I am wondering if its possible to export flipbooks with audio in either the *.mov or *.avi format.

At the moment my scene cook times are so slow I've lost the ability to do any meaningful interactive changes so I've resorted to making flipbooks in selected frame ranges of the animation. Being able to save these ‘clips’ of animation in a *.mov or *.avi format (with audio) will let me set up a workflow to quickly look at the different clips to make decisions about changes to make in my scene.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments:
Save-Audio-with-flipbook.jpg (73.0 KB)

• Quick Links