How could I setup HQueue to render a scene ..?

3789   5   1
407 posts
Hi guys ;

When I submit a file to HQueue server , I got this error :
Command Output: “ ERROR: Cannot open file //ST1/Current/Queue Test/newProject/zooj.hip ”

(Note: “st1” is my HQueue server.)
How could I setup HQueue to render my project ..?

Thanks.
Masoud Saadatmand (MSDVFX)
Staff
1256 posts
Hello,

Is this on Windows?

Can the client machine running the job actually see and open the .hip file? i.e. on the client machine, can you navigate to that directory from a file explorer and open the .hip file?

Cheers,
Rob
407 posts
Hi “rvinluan” :

I use Windows 10.
Clients can receive the job but after a while , they fails …
I can navigate and open the hip file, from clients.
Edited by Masoud - Oct. 9, 2016 01:36:17
407 posts
When I try to restart the “client” from server panel , I got an error:

Failed to restart ‘st4’: Unable to connect to 192.168.2.104: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

I think this is why the server cannot open the hip file at : “ //ST1/Current/Queue Test/newProject/zooj.hip ”

———————————-

During installation in ”Account to Run Service Under" message box I set these values:
Username: NT AUTHORITY\Network Service <—(should I need to change this?)
Password: <—-(I set empty)

is that right??
Edited by Masoud - Oct. 9, 2016 03:29:41
Staff
1256 posts
Hi Masoud,

To restart Windows HQueue Clients, you have to go through Windows Services on the machine. There's an HQueue Client service that you can restart. The Restart capability on the HQueue web interface is only for Linux and MacOS machines. It's documented but really it should spit out a better error message than the one you received when attempting to restart a Windows machine.

Anyway, it is ok to use the “Network Service” account to run the HQueue Client service. That's the default actually. But it is possible that the default network account does not have permission to access your shared folder.

Try switching the user account that runs the HQueue Client service to your logged in user account. Here's how:
  1. Go to Windows Services – Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.
  2. Stop the HQueue Client service.
  3. Then RMB-click the HQueue Client service and choose Properties.
  4. In the Properties dialog select the Log On tab and then select the “This account:” radio button. Change the user account and password to your Windows account and password. Click OK to save the changes and close the dialog.
  5. Start the HQueue Client service.

Then re-submit your HQueue jobs.

And if that still fails then can you please post or PM me the failed job's output log and diagnostics files?

Cheers,
Rob
26 posts
Hi

Also stuck here with the following error:
“ERROR: Cannot open file Vtest.hiplc”

Windows 7 user, 2x Houdini Indie.

Locally it works (client on server pc), but the second machine still gives “ERROR: Cannot open file etc”

This is with Target HFS set to a local path (identical on both machines)

If Target HFS is set to $HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH the error is this “invalid username of wrong password”. Users on both machines are the same name, but the passwords differ. Could that be it?

Firewalls are off on both machines. No virusscanners. I tried DNSname of server pc and IP.

Server ini:

# The shared network.
hqserver.sharedNetwork.host = Paleopixel1
hqserver.sharedNetwork.path.linux = %(here)s/shared
hqserver.sharedNetwork.path.windows =
hqserver.sharedNetwork.path.macosx = %(here)s/HQShared
hqserver.sharedNetwork.mount.linux = /mnt/hq
hqserver.sharedNetwork.mount.windows = V:
hqserver.sharedNetwork.mount.macosx = /Volumes/HQShared

# Server port number.
hqserver.port = 5000

Client ini

server = Paleopixel1
port = 5000
sharedNetwork.mount = V:

Client services on both machines are run with logons for current user. So,local client works fine, other pc client returns the ‘cannot open file’. In the mount V: both machines can read/write.

After a couple of days I'm really stuck, any advice would be much appreciated!

Bjorn
with kind regards,
Bjorn

Houdini TA @ AAA game-studio
Freelance Houdini @ www.paleopixels.com
  • Quick Links