BUG: HIPNAME not correct in 456.cmd

4552   4   1
7025 posts
Hello,
If you try to use HIPNAME in the 456.cmd script, it is incorrect! 456.cmd uses whatever the previous variable was set to, not the .hip file actually being loaded!

Cheers,

Peter B
136 posts
same for “fps” hscript command in the 456.cmd
If 456.cmd contains “fps 25” command than hip saved with fps = 30
will be loaded with fps = 25
also note this
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=4711 [sidefx.com]
7025 posts
Interesting… the shopvisible at least can be set with ENV variables, as can the FPS but of course, you might want to change that on a per-session basis… which means you have to write a wrapper script (which is exactly what I had to do) around “houdini” but then also “hscript” and possibly others… it gets ugly fast!

Cheers,

Peter B
1002 posts
I've raised a bug (20272). Thanks for the input,

Andrew
Staff
4441 posts
I put “echo $HIP\n$HIPNAME” as my 456.cmd file. When I load a hip file, the directory and name of the newly loaded hip file are shown in a message box. Is this not the behavior you get with this setup? Any idea what might be different about your 456.cmd? I tried this in the production release, 8.0.383, as well as my current baseline. Both behaved exactly the same… Any other clues on how to reproduce this? How are you opening the files?

Mark
  • Quick Links