How to make a corn field

2738   4   1
15 posts
Hi all,

I'm new to Houdini and want to make a corn field in an environment that can change procedurally.

I was thinking that I'd need to create a single corn stork and then use copy stamp to replicate. Would this be a good idea or how else might I do this?

Later I have to integrate a live action plate of an actor walking through a corn field with the CGI version I am creating.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Lee
Lee ‘Wozy’ Warren

Bad Eden VFX (London)

Houdini Indie 15.5, HP Z840, Windows 7, Intel E5-2620 v3 @ 2.4GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 Ti
Staff
3455 posts
this might help:
https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/halloween-instancing/ [sidefx.com]
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
15 posts
Thanks - just watched that and found it very useful indeed. Any ideas where I can find part 2?

Regards

Lee
Lee ‘Wozy’ Warren

Bad Eden VFX (London)

Houdini Indie 15.5, HP Z840, Windows 7, Intel E5-2620 v3 @ 2.4GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 Ti
74 posts
If I remember rightly part 2 was never published. It's certainly not on the Vimeo archive if it did appear on the main SideFX site at some point.
15 posts
Jonathan Moore2
If I remember rightly part 2 was never published. It's certainly not on the Vimeo archive if it did appear on the main SideFX site at some point.

Ok thanks anyway. Shame really as it looked like it would have made a great tut.
Lee ‘Wozy’ Warren

Bad Eden VFX (London)

• Quick Links