Nodes and parameters greyed out..

5221   2   0
14 posts
Houdini noob here. I imported a model to play around with organic tissue/solid object and all seemed to be going well. It created the proxy object from my original object and i wanted to edit the remesh to make it more detailed for my accurate sims.. (hope that makes sense)

However, when i click into the node > solidembed1 > remesh1 and all of the parameters are greyed out.. all of the nodes on this string are also greyed out..

I also cannot add any additional nodes or i get: Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error. Possible Causes include locked assets, takes, product permissions or user-specified permissions.

If i click show details, it reveals this: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “sop_clip”, line 5, in <module>
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.5.523/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/toolutils.py”, line 1182, in new_func
return function(*args, **kwargs)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.5.523/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/soptoolutils.py”, line 670, in genericTool
exact_node_type = exact_node_type)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.5.523/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/toolutils.py”, line 1185, in new_func
“Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission ”
Error: Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error. Possible causes include locked assets, takes, product permissions or user-specified permissions.

I've included screenshots as well: http://imgur.com/a/d0GbZ [imgur.com] (couldn't attach to post)

any ideas?
Edited by notalk - Jan. 10, 2017 15:44:07
Staff
3455 posts
solidembed1 is an HDA - and it is locked.
you can RMB on the node and select Allow Editing of Contents.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
14 posts
arctor
solidembed1 is an HDA - and it is locked.
you can RMB on the node and select Allow Editing of Contents.

Sweet! Thanks, dude!
  • Quick Links