Attaching clothes and hair to a rigged body

13700   72   3
483 posts
replace the grid with your shirt… maybe via file loader or obj merge
then it should do the trick
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
154 posts
Sorry it seems like I forgot to attach the clothes and hair files…

Thank you very much edward and Matthias!!! It seems to be working now!!! So I needed to object merge the clothes and hair in the skin geometry!!!

And Thank you Matthias and Marc for spending a lot of time with me for such a long time.. I will remember this and use dropbox for big files from next time as well! And thank you arctor for pointing out the attribute transfer!

Thank you everyone!!

PS: It seems like I need to assign the materials again inside the skin for the clothes and hair because they are all skin color at the moment but that is fine!! Thank you!!

Attachments:
スクリーンショット 2017-01-18 15.02.12.png (1.6 MB)

483 posts
It's alive…. huhhh…
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
154 posts
Thank you so much!!
154 posts
It is possible to not transfer the materials since it is all in skin color at the moment?
483 posts
Onelast tip: Whenever possible use relative Path like ../../your/sop or $HIP variable.
And have a look at the Top Menu “Render” there “Preflight Scene”.

Now have a nice day :-)
Edited by matthias_k - Jan. 18, 2017 10:19:56

Attachments:
Use-Vars-not-absolute-path.jpg (431.2 KB)

806 posts
I am too late to the show …

> It is possible to not transfer the materials since it is all in skin color at the moment?

Yup. Just exclude the UV attributes from the attribute transfer (you probably currently are transferring everything, you can use the dropdown menu to just copy those that you actually need), create new UVs and attach a new material to the cloth geometry.

Marc

P.S. or, instead of creating new UVs, if your cloth geo already has UVs, make sure that you do not delete those. UVs are attributes, like almost everything else in Houdini (it's a common rumor that even license fees are just attributes of users). So check your workflow if attributes get deleted or replaced somewhere. The geometry spreadsheet is your friend (and your friend is a geometry spreadsheet - I guess you never saw her like that, right?)

P.P.S. What's wrong with my tea?
Edited by malbrecht - Jan. 18, 2017 10:23:49
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
154 posts
Sorry one last question.. The attribute transfer seems to have deleted the material and color for the clothes and hair..
Do you know how to stop it from doing that?
806 posts
look above in my PS
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
154 posts
Oh Thank you!!! It worked now!!

Have a nice day!!! Thank you very much!!

Attachments:
スクリーンショット 2017-01-18 15.23.44.png (1.6 MB)

7710 posts
matthias_k
It's not looking nice, but shows that it is working

One can tweak the Attribute Transfer weighting settings to get a better capture than just using the defaults. After that, I sometimes just use another Capture Layer Paint and have it Smooth all the weights.

ALMINA
The attribute transfer seems to have deleted the material and color for the clothes and hair..
Do you know how to stop it from doing that?

Instead of leaving the attributes to transfer blank, explicitly put in the names of the all the attributes that start with “meta”.
483 posts
One can tweak the Attribute Transfer weighting settings to get a better capture than just using the defaults. After that, I sometimes just use another Capture Layer Paint and have it Smooth all the weights.

Thanks for the advice :-)
154 posts
Thank you everyone!!!

Attachments:
スクリーンショット 2017-01-18 15.33.10.png (1.6 MB)

• Quick Links