Using Pose handles in character rig?

3120   5   2
7025 posts
Hello,
OK, so I'm going with No IK for now, and want to use the Pose handle. I just want to click on something in the viewport, and have everything “just work”, i.e. have the Pose handle appear on the correct bones etc. How do I approach this?

Cheers,

Peter B
7734 posts
Well, this depends on what you mean by “just work”, doesn't it? If you want rotate handles to show up the first time, every time, then switch the Handle mode to Global Transform Handle (hotkey x)
158 posts
pbowmar
Hello,
OK, so I'm going with No IK for now, and want to use the Pose handle. I just want to click on something in the viewport, and have everything “just work”, i.e. have the Pose handle appear on the correct bones etc. How do I approach this?

Cheers,

Peter B

Do you mean something like a “Transform Setup” or a “Default Object Manipulator”, a pre-defined transform mode that gets activated when you select an object?
7025 posts
Hi Edward,
No, what I meant is, I want to be able to select a label (null object) and have the Pose handle appear for two bones without IK. Right now I have to select both bones which gets really hard to do when the character is in different positions…
It won't let me export the handle (which I understand) but I don't know the alternative.

Cheers,

Peter B
7734 posts
But you said that you have a No IK chain, so why should selecting the null do anything to them? There's no information linking them unless you have an IK chain with the blend factor set to 0.
7025 posts
I'm using the null as a labeller, as the child of a bone.

Not to worry, the pom* commands seem to be doing what I want…

Cheers,

Peter B
  • Quick Links