Instance Animation Time

7131   6   1
5 posts
Hi there,

I have an animated object that I'm instancing onto points. Is there any way of randomizing or offsetting the animation time of the instances (point instancing or copy sop) without copy stamping them to a time shift sop. With a lot of instances the mentioned solution becomes really slow through the stamping approach so I was wondering if there's an attribute to actually control the instance time.

Thanks and best,
Roman
253 posts
romen
so I was wondering if there's an attribute to actually control the instance time.
I don't think so, but does it make a difference if you tick on “Pack Geometry Before Copying” ?
133 posts
Cache and offset into the frame number. Sadly I don't think there is a better solution.
8555 posts
cache your geo into Alembic
then copy once on your points
and then (after copy) change abcframe intrinsic per primitive as you wish
Edited by tamte - Feb. 9, 2017 17:30:36
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
5 posts
Thanks and sorry for the late response. I totally missed this got answered. Regarding the abc offset per primitive how do you set it? Is it just the abcframe attribute? I just tried it and didn't have any success.
8555 posts
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/25971-optimize-copies-stamping-or-not-solved/?do=findComment&comment=151013 [forums.odforce.net]
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
5 posts
Thanks a lot Tomas!
  • Quick Links