Nightmare!poor UI behaviour

3066   4   2
7 posts
When editing parameter interface(houdini 16),if I click on one of the string parameters,
the “Apply”,“Accept” buttons jump out of the screen!
to get them back,I have to rotate my screen 90 degrees,which is very annoying.

My screen resolution:1366*768

there are same issues when I try to importing FBX (houdini 16&15).this time the path channel jumps out of the screen.however,it's ez to solve this just by draging my windows Os taskbar to the right side.

Attachments:
SS.png (131.2 KB)
SS (2).png (139.6 KB)
houdini.PNG (42.6 KB)

806 posts
Moin,

while one could claim that the resolution your monitor allows you is not exactly “up to date” (with 4k slowly becoming the new standard that replaces the de facto FullHD standard), you can easily make your options windows smaller (see attachment). If you cannot reach the bottom border to shrink the window, press ALT+Space (on Windows) to bring up the window menu, then select “move” and move the options window down a tad, so that you can grab the top border and shrink the window vertically.

Another option is to use the environment variable HOUDINI_UISCALE and set that to something smaller than 100 (the value is given in percent), that should, probably, shrink your UI elements, but might make them hard to decipher.

Marc

Attachments:
tiny.PNG (116.6 KB)

---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
7 posts
I cannot shrink the window vertically……

I hope I can full-screen certain UI use CTRL+B
7 posts
It works!After my setting HOUDINI_UISCALE variable to 95,everything is fine(I can shrink the window vertically now).

Thanks!
147 posts
I'll be the one saying it…. 1366*768???????

Any 3D app will not work ‘properly’ unless it's at least 1920*1080 with all popups, flyouts and the likes..
Haven't worked with a resolution that low since… well… can't remember
Edited by RobW - Feb. 27, 2017 05:08:29
Apprentice Attribute / Houdini 17.0.381 / GTX 970 - driver 411.63
  • Quick Links