Render deep without saving beauty

5527   6   3
9 posts
Anyone know of a way to save out deep without saving the beauty image? I am running my deep through a seperate rop from my beauty image, because I don't want all the image planes saving deep as well. I have my deep rop set to save a separate image path than my output path, but I don't want my deep rop saving a copy of the beauty image as well as the deep image.
1908 posts
You should be able to set the output picture to “null:” and Mantra will not generate a primary image but will generate your deep image.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
260 posts
I think what he means is also how to just generate a deep pass without having the rgba a primary, I would like to know about this as well
Head of CG @ MPC
CG Supervisor/ Sr. FX TD /
https://gumroad.com/timvfx [gumroad.com]
www.timucinozger.com
260 posts
I think what he means is also how to just generate a deep pass without having the rgba a primary, I would like to know about this as well
Head of CG @ MPC
CG Supervisor/ Sr. FX TD /
https://gumroad.com/timvfx [gumroad.com]
www.timucinozger.com
7803 posts
You have to remove it in a post-process.
17 posts
The few times I've used deep I just turn off all the lights/aovs for that output ROP and render with the same amount of primary samples as the beauty render, then use a deepRecolor in Nuke.

It worked for me but I was only trying to get deep data into pgBokeh to get nice defocus on fine bits of geo, worked well but wasn't really proper deep compositing…

It would be nice to be able to save out the deep sample data from the beauty render. Turning deep on in my beauty render with all its AOVs was giving 700mb+ exrs
1529 posts
I've requested this feature. RFE ID=81365 - hopefully SESI will be able to implement the it soon. For now, we deepread, followed by a deepwrite of just the ‘deep’ channels in Nuke.

On the subject of pgBokeh, are any of you ever using it to blur ‘all’ Channel sets instead of just ‘rgba’? I get segfaults everytime…

Using pgBokeh 1.4.2, centos7.2, Nuke 10.0v6

G
  • Quick Links