Painting with HF Paint

2786   4   2
7 posts
HF Paint not painting

I feel like I must be forgetting or overlooking something since I last had it working…. I'm having some issues painting with the HF paint node. I used to be able to just add the node into the network and start painting on it, but now I can't get the paint widget to show up any longer, and there is no painting. I've got two short video captures that show the problem for a new project and an existing project. For the existing project, you'll see that I do have painted mask that feeds into the HF Noise node, so it was working.

I'm on the 551 build, but went back to previous builds and the production build, still nothing.

I've got a GTX 1070 running the latest NVIDIA drivers (378.78 at this time).

Any input or advice is appreciated.

Oluf
806 posts
Moin, Oluf,

quick shot question: Have you tried hovering over the 3d viewport (left side of screen) and, having the paint node active, hammered on your enter or return key? I don't see that in the capturing - but it often works for me to kick H in some soft areas if it doesn't want to work.

Maybe completely wrong … just trying to rule out the obvious

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
Staff
6219 posts
It does look like the you need to enter the paint state….

The toolbar on the LHS of the viewport has the Camera selected.

If you hit Esc in the viewport, it goes into View State. This lets you tumble & doesn't show any handles or enable any states. Hitting Enter in the viewport will enter the Tool State, so in this case should get you painting again.
7 posts
Oh man, I can't believe it. Thanks both - I'll try again tonight.

Oluf
7 posts
Thanks, all is good now.
  • Quick Links