Pyro Collision Issue

3533   3   1
2 posts
Hi

My pyro does not collide with my cylinder. Using static solver, with geometry bullet data set to concave if I remember correctly it used to work. However, this time round the guides are not conforming to the shape the cylinder.

Would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Attachments:
pyro_collision.hip (731.1 KB)

2536 posts
The main problem with your collision object is that you need to turn on polyextrude Output Back. This will cause “thickness” to exist within your collision object. Also inside the AutoDopNetwork visit the Static Object node and up the Divisions from 30 to 96. This will make sure your collision object is represented to the solver correctly.
Edited by Enivob - March 27, 2017 13:37:53

Attachments:
smoke_collision.gif (914.6 KB)
ap_pyro_collision.hipnc (718.4 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2 posts
Hey, thanks for the help!

I was playing around with the dissipation rate in the pyro solver to get a denser, thicker smoke. Something like this -

- reference image from Google
Is it possible to invert the dissipation, something where the smoke starts off thinner but ends off denser?

Also, is there a difference to Volume Based Collision Detection (Volume) and Bullet Data Concave?
Edited by gawrdun - March 27, 2017 22:31:10

Attachments:
density.gif (2.0 MB)

2536 posts
Yes, Bullet is an entirely different solver engine. For fluid and smoke just stick with volume based collision. Bullet is more for pure RBD work.

Look to your shader for options on making the smoke more dense.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links