No success with HQueue....

117586   26   3
43 posts
I have tried with a blank path in the HQueue node, as well as adding the path to Houdini /bin folder in PATH on this particular PC and I still can't get past the DLL load error.

I can run Hython from the command line and “import hou” just fine though.

The setup and hqnode.ini are identical to the two machines that are working fine so I don't know what the problem could be.

Attachments:
job_164_output.txt (984 bytes)
job_164_diagnostic_information.txt (7.3 KB)

43 posts
I have also noticed that if I run the client using “hqclientd start” rather than as a service i get a different error.

ERROR: Cannot open file //192.168.1.2/Design/Projects/Test/untitled.hiplc

That path and file both exist and I can access it directly in Explorer, though I do have to reverse the // to \ obviously.
Staff
1255 posts
Hmm. Perhaps blanking out PATH in the HQueue node is not enough. It sounds like the job is still picking up libraries from another location because of a custom PATH.

Have you also tried temporarily blanking out PATH in the Windows properties dialog and then restarting the HQueue Client service?

If that works, then you can try restoring PATH back in the dialog and appending these lines to your C:\HQueueClient\hqnode.ini config file:

PATH =

And then restart the HQueue Client service once more.

Also, I wouldn't recommend starting the client outside of the service. That approach is typically used as a last resort if the service cannot access network folders (usually because of permission issues).

Cheers,
Rob
43 posts
I completely cleared out PATH on that PC and now it is telling me

ERROR: Cannot open file ZProjects/Test/untitled.hiplc

so HQROOT is not being set properly.

Z: is mapped to the right remote path, but it should be using that, not the mapped drive letter.

UPDATE: I restarted the PC and HQRoot is being set correctly but it says

ERROR: Cannot open file //192.168.1.2/Projects/Test/untitled.hiplc

Permissions are fine. I can browse and open the file manually no problems.

I changed the Client service to run under a different user account that has full read\write permissions to the shared folder and I got the DLL error again.

I'm baffled as to why this is not working on this PC. It is setup exactly the same as the other one which works fine.
Staff
1255 posts
Hi Josh,

Sorry for the late reply.

Are you still hitting issues with your third machine?

If so, can you post the latest diagnostics for the failed job on that machine?

Cheers,
Rob
9 posts
Hello guys!

I can't setup Hqueue for some reason, I tried evrything you just said above, and I also watched the masterclass about distributed simulations in H15. I could add all of my clients to HQueue and the web interface works too, I even can submint simulations to the farm.

But when a clinet pick up the job, almost immeadietly failed the job, and the only thing I got in the output log is: “Could not find output file for job ‘18’.” The other very strange thing is I sliced my simulation into 2 slices, but HQueue only wants to dedicate one machine to the job.

I'm using Deadline for rendering, but now I need distributed simulations.
Please help me if you can!
Thanks!

Cheers!
35 posts
heya!

Could you attach a scene? Then i could better help you

could be environment variables, could be domain names etc.

can you describe your setup as well? render nodes and your machine hooked up to one file server? Windows?

G
Director at polycat studio
  • Quick Links