image comparison

3377   10   4
125 posts
Hello

cant find the way to make image comparaison in render view as described in the help:

http://127.0.0.1:48626/ref/views/ipr [127.0.0.1] (see snapshot jpg attached)

Especialy, where is the “cross” button??????

Attachments:
comparaison_help.jpg (48.4 KB)

7771 posts
The diff bar is hidden or stowed by default. Right click the image area and select “Diff” to enable diffing.
5 posts
I have the same problem with houdini 16

Attachments:
comparison_button.jpg (189.0 KB)

125 posts
Thanks a lot jsmack for your enlightment on the mystery of the diff fonction…

realy helplfull…

Cheers
125 posts
@jsmack

thanks to your tip I succeded to enable the diff mode but there is no slider nore any button apearing on the snapshot bar to choose the image to compare to or the direction of the slider…

Has this feature disapeared from Houdini? This would be a great disapointment…

Thanks
1 posts
I don't know how to handle with this.
1743 posts
NAHASSIA
I succeded to enable the diff mode but there is no slider nore any button apearing on the snapshot bar to choose the image to compare to or the direction of the slider…

Has this feature disapeared from Houdini? This would be a great disapointment…
It looks like the diff slider has been moved to a separate toolbar above the image.

Tomas Roth
I have the same problem with houdini 16
It looks like you're using a build of Houdini from about 6 months ago. It might have been fixed in a more recent build. It seems to work for me in Houdini 16.0.681.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
260 posts
its working in 671, just dont understand why we moved it from where it was (same line as snap button) and created another button row, making already small render window even smaller.
1743 posts
martinkindl83
just dont understand why we moved it from where it was (same line as snap button) and created another button row, making already small render window even smaller.
It was probably to make room for the IPR Save Render path and Auto-Save-related fields. The Render View area is fairly large on a regular monitor or 17-inch laptop using the Build desktop, though I can definitely see how it could be difficult to use on a 13-inch laptop or using the Technical Desktop on a 15-inch laptop. That said, if Render View is already small for you, having the diff slider and the new fields in the same bar would probably make both unusable.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
Staff
5159 posts
martinkindl83
its working in 671, just dont understand why we moved it from where it was (same line as snap button) and created another button row, making already small render window even smaller.

The Diff bar has always been there in MPlay and the Composite View. At some point someone decided to move it from that bar to the Render View's bottom bar, as at the time there was space available. Once that space was no longer available due to the added params for Auto-Save, they were moved back.
260 posts
Thank you for explanation.
  • Quick Links