FileMerge node does not show any output on unity

2299   3   0
5 posts
Hello,

I'm having trouble trying to use the “File Merge” node, and make digital asset containing it, when i import the digital asset on unity, and try to put it in the scene, nothing shows up,

Any idea?
571 posts
Are you exposing the object path parameter in your HDA? See attached screenshot. If you are doing that, does it show up on the Inspector for the HDA in Unity? Any errors?

Attachments:
H_expose_object_path.png (36.9 KB)

5 posts
seelanv
Are you exposing the object path parameter in your HDA? See attached screenshot. If you are doing that, does it show up on the Inspector for the HDA in Unity? Any errors?

Yes its working, but, now i got this error:

System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].Add (System.String key, System.String value) [0x0007e] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404 at HoudiniAssetUtility.getSubstanceMaterial (HAPI_MaterialInfo material_info, .HoudiniPartControl part_control) [0x003fd] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniAssetUtility.cs:1506 at HoudiniAssetUtility.getSubstanceMaterialOnPart (.HoudiniPartControl part_control) [0x0001d] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniAssetUtility.cs:1574 at HoudiniAssetUtility.assignMaterial (.HoudiniPartControl part_control, .HoudiniAsset asset, Boolean update_houdini_material) [0x00182] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniAssetUtility.cs:980 at HoudiniPartControl.refresh (Boolean reload_asset, Boolean has_geo_changed, Boolean has_material_changed) [0x004aa] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniPartControl.cs:470 at HoudiniGeoControl.refresh (Boolean reload_asset) [0x0028a] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniGeoControl.cs:201 at HoudiniObjectControl.refresh (Boolean reload_asset, HAPI_ObjectInfo object_info) [0x0018b] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniObjectControl.cs:178 at HoudiniAssetOTL.createObject (Int32 object_id, Boolean reload_asset) [0x000cf] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniAssetOTL.cs:379 at HoudiniAssetOTL.buildCreateObjects (Boolean reload_asset, .HoudiniProgressBar& progress_bar) [0x00060] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniAssetOTL.cs:241 at HoudiniAsset.build (Boolean reload_asset, Boolean unload_asset_first, Boolean serialization_recovery_only, Boolean force_reconnect, Boolean is_duplication, Boolean cook_downstream_assets, Boolean use_delay_for_progress_bar) [0x006b4] in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Houdini_Engine_Project_16.5.268\Assets\Houdini\Scripts\HoudiniAsset.cs:1205
seems like a substance issue, but i dont really know
571 posts
If you had made changes to your HDA in Houdini, did you “Rebuild” your asset after? If not, invoke the Rebuild button on the Inspector in Unity, or drag & drop a new instance of your asset into the Scene.

Check that the substance material does exist in the scene. Perhaps remove the substance material attribute to narrow it down.

If there is still an issue, attach the HDA and I can take a look.
  • Quick Links