Numpad forward slash stopped working in Wrangle nodes

2126   5   2
143 posts
Hi,

I think this could be something introduced in the 16.5.405 version, since I haven't noticed it before and it's driving me nuts, but when writing Vex code inside a Wrangle node, the forward slash “/” on my numeric numpad doesn't write the character it's supposed to write, but instead it seems to trigger a bake of the node, resulting in an error message.

Is there a reason or intention behind this, or is this a bug? My numpad “/” key works in all other programs and I don't remember this driving me nuts before, so it probably is something new.

Thanks in advance for any tips how to make this work as expected, or explanations for why I should leave this be and get used to using my other “/” key.

Cheers,
Ivan
2038 posts
Your right, maybe file a bug report to get it fixed for you.

I tried typing numpads forward slash in a wrangle with 16.5.405 and get nothing;

But I can with 16.5.268.
143 posts
thanks for the confirmation, I've submitted a bug report.
129 posts
I noticed it too, +1
2038 posts
Fixed yesterday - Changelog / Journal

Fixed incorrect handling of the slash key on the number pad that arose as a result of fixes in 16.5.395.
129 posts
I noticed that plus and minus keys on numpad are not working anymore to subdivide the mesh in the new versions of Houdini, I have to use the plus on the main keyboard. Anyone experienced the same ? I'm on Windows 10, Houdini 16.5.405
Edited by madrenderman - March 27, 2018 09:58:12
  • Quick Links