Graphic Problem or Configuration ? (Help)

4907   10   0
30 posts
ok i have two PC's one at my home and its Profile is

2.4 Intel Processor

Nvidia (With Chip MSI on AGP Slot ) FX 5900 128 MB Graphic Card

Two Hardisk of Simple Hdd 120GB+120GB

and Windows XP SP2 Pro Installed

Installed Houdini 8 and Runs Very Good Even when i use keyframes Play Smooth and Not any Problem

Now System i have in my Office - Profile is

3.2 Intel Processer

Asus Ax600 Pro SE 128 MB in PCI 2 Slot Graphic Card

Three (3) Sata Hardisks 200GB + 200GB + 120GB

Windows XP PRO SP2 Installed (Same as on my 1st PC)

Now Problem is this When i use keyframes and play then Playback is very Slow and Looks Like Very Heavy or Somthin Even i have Upgraded already Drivers but i dunno what to do (one more thing when i instert a new geometry then the default box in geometry when i use mouse to drag or move it its also like same very slow or somthin )

so is there any Cofiguration i have to do or what my Card is Supported or Not or What. anyway i have Houdini 8 (474)
Need Realy Help

Thanks

Regards

Ali
Edited by - March 22, 2006 23:53:50

7753 posts
You haven't mentioned what video cards you have and exactly which specific video driver versions that you're using?
30 posts
I've Already done that bob anyway Edited the Post and Wrote “Graphic Card” at the End of em

7753 posts
Sorry, reading that Asus part didn't register in my mind as a video card. It's usually more common to describe video cards by their underlying chipset. So your second computer has a ATI Radeon X600 XT. See this page for some video driver recommendations:
http://odforce.net/wiki/index.php/GraphicsCardIssues#ATI_Catalyst [odforce.net]

BTW. If you don't mind the work, you can rule out the video card problems if you're willing to swap the video cards and go through all the trouble to re-installing video drivers.
30 posts
Edward Thanks for Link It seems usefull

let me do as they told in it

Thanks

Regards

Ali

30 posts

No ther's no Solution for Me tried all of them is there any other solution or i have to contact the Customer Support ?

7753 posts
You mean you've tried swapping video cards too?
30 posts
edward
You mean you've tried swapping video cards too?
i don't get your point but i have tried all drivers for my card and they all work fine on 3d or for all applications but Problem Still Continue with Houdini. is there anything i have to change from Windows , Houdini Perfomance, Or from Bios or from my Card Configuration Just Let me Know

Thanks For Your Reply

Regards

Ali

234 posts
ati generally has crappy drivers, well crappy open GL in fact… why, I don't know, but, a BIG butt
I must recomend this guy, 'cause all my open GL related problems where gone when I installed his drivers. I work mainly, still, :x , in Maya, so various glitches were present with official ati drivers, with omega ones, ZERO problems, it may help with Houdini, who knows…
link:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ [omegadrivers.net]
7753 posts
Swapping video cards would allow you to determine if the problem on your office machine is related to the video card, as opposed to what software you might have installed, etc.
30 posts
i am tired doing this Jeff also tried to help me but after all he also told me there's always a Problem with Asus Ati Cards anyway i am trying to make them buy an NVIDIA card someone told me that Nvidia 6800 16x in Pci2 is good can anyone tell me is there best card for Houdini.

• Quick Links