How Bake Camera Animation

11149   6   3
65 posts
Hi,

I have a camera with animation on it, as well as a parented null plugged in above with animation on it.

I need to bake the animation down to a single camera for export out to another program.

Can anyone lead me in a good direction?

Thanks
Staff
2540 posts
One way is to use CHOPs to fetch the world space position of the animated camera and then export to a second Camera and export that.

Another way is to add a new Camera and use the vtorigin() and vrorigin() expressions.

Hopefully when baking out the scene the camera transforms will be exported as raw keys.

See the attached file.

Attachments:
bake_camera_transform_v001.hip (121.5 KB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
65 posts
Thanks! The vtorigin and the vrorigin worked perfectly.
3 posts
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the vtorigin() and vrorigin() expressions!!!!!!!!
128 posts
old_school
One way is to use CHOPs to fetch the world space position of the animated camera and then export to a second Camera and export that.

Another way is to add a new Camera and use the vtorigin() and vrorigin() expressions.

Hopefully when baking out the scene the camera transforms will be exported as raw keys.

See the attached file.

Question what if this camera is using a look at constraint to follow a object, how would you go about getting camera data from that?

Update: This is how you do it. Really simple. Sorry I find out how to do it literally as soon as I post something 90% of the time. lol! Figure I'll leave this information for future people though.
Edited by VGriffith - Sept. 4, 2019 19:08:34

Attachments:
Untitled-2.png (147.5 KB)

3 posts
I found another way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJgsUlBiJM [www.youtube.com]
86 posts
Just came across this problem as well and realised there's a "bake animation" rop which will do it for you.
  • Quick Links