UE4 World Composition working w/ HDA

3532   2   0
2 posts
Hey guys!

Lately I have been doing a lot of research in regards to a Houdini -> UE4 pipeline, specifically for terrain. The current project I am working on requires that we use World Composition.

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/50614/ [www.sidefx.com]

This thread states that ‘Unfortunately, HDA containing tiled landscapes (via the Tile Split nodes) won’t work with world composition' and ‘But the World composition system in Unreal only works with image files, and wont accept Landscape Actors.’

I tested this last week and no surprise, my HDA landscape was not working with World Composition. However, I decide to test this again today and I was able to get world composition to work with my HDA landscape. I have attached two images as proof.

The purpose of this topic is to notify fellow developers that this pipeline is possible. I do not have an explanation of how or why this started to work, but it is possible! If someone out there knows why this suddenly started working, please do let me know!

Image Not Found

Attachments:
Houdini World Composition.PNG (1.3 MB)

6 posts
The problem is that the UE4 plugin doesn't import the tiles as landscape streaming proxy, which is needed for world composition to work. We ended up modifying the plugin ourselves to make it work with world composition.
38 posts
How i would import a tiled landscape into Unreal in hda without world composition ? Can import standard terrain but tiled don t work
  • Quick Links