UE4 Landscape as Input issue

1944   4   0
10 posts
Hi, I'm trying to do something like this: Exporting Landscape in UE4 editor to Houdini as heightfield node, this can be done by SOP input. (ref: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/54600/?page=1#post-245098)

Here's the problem: right after I click the selected landscape as a SOP input in UE4 editor, the UE4 crash every time. When debugging, I found the crash is because of the code in the image.

Can anybody tell me why and how to solve this? Thank you very much.

Attachments:
IMG20190121_151703.png (30.6 KB)

10 posts
By debugging, I found this is because the interface `CreateHeightfieldInputNode` is missing in the libHAPIL.dll, but why is that?
10 posts
jie414341055
By debugging, I found this is because the interface `CreateHeightfieldInputNode` is missing in the libHAPIL.dll, but why is that?
By the way, the Houdini version is 17.0.352 and the Unreal Engine is 4.20.3.
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, where did you got the plugin from?

It looks like the plugin you are using is more recent that the Houdini Engine API you have installed.
17.0.352 didn't have the CreateHeightFieldInput function as it was added later (in 17.0.372) and the UE4 plugin that came with it didn't use that function.

I'd recommend updating to a more recent version of Houdini, and install the Unreal plugin that ships with it.
10 posts
dpernuit
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, where did you got the plugin from?

It looks like the plugin you are using is more recent that the Houdini Engine API you have installed.
17.0.352 didn't have the CreateHeightFieldInput function as it was added later (in 17.0.372) and the UE4 plugin that came with it didn't use that function.

I'd recommend updating to a more recent version of Houdini, and install the Unreal plugin that ships with it.
Thanks for the reply, I got the plugin source from github with Houdini_17.0-Unreal_4.20 branch. Already solved the problem by updating Houdini and replace the plugin with the software ship version. Thank you again
  • Quick Links