Custom RIB statements

7907   9   2
18 posts
I was wondering if it is possible to add custom statements on a RIB file on an especific place/line.

What I am trying to to is add the Matte RIB statement between the AttributeBegin/End of an object to generate matte / holdouts.

Currently is possible to add Color and Opacity attributes on the object level (RIB properties). It would be great to have an option for the matte value (boolean).

Thanks.
18 posts
of course I mean from Houdini ….
4262 posts
Each Object, Null, Light and Camera has a Pre-Include and Post-Include field. You can either put a file or a string in that parameter and it will be included into the RIB.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
18 posts
just found it, excellent.

many thanks!
321 posts
javierRomero
I was wondering if it is possible to add custom statements on a RIB file on an especific place/line.

What I am trying to to is add the Matte RIB statement between the AttributeBegin/End of an object to generate matte / holdouts.

Currently is possible to add Color and Opacity attributes on the object level (RIB properties). It would be great to have an option for the matte value (boolean).

Thanks.

What about the ‘Matte’ parameter in the render folder of each geometry object? BTW, you'll need to turn the button on and set the value to 1 for it to place ‘Matte’ into the RIB file.
Antoine Durr
Floq FX
antoine@floqfx.com
Antoine Durr
javierRomero
It would be great to have an option for the matte value (boolean).

Thanks.

What about the ‘Matte’ parameter in the render folder of each geometry object?

ops: ops:
313 posts
when I tried to preview my scene with Renderman, “gzio: Invalid argument” appeared on my Houdini console. (It only happens in Houdini 8. It did not happen when I was using houdini version 7) Does anyone know what it means?
7753 posts
I think it's a harmless message.
313 posts
hi there,
Does anyone have any idea of how I can get rid of this harmless message - “gzio: Invalid argument” because it is quite annoying everything time the thing pops out when you make a preview of something with rman!

regards
7753 posts
You could just minimize it. It only pops up open again if you close it.
  • Quick Links