Ask about Carve node

2014   6   1
18 posts

Hello guys,

I am trying to create a bunch of horizontal lines for the simple model procedural buildings and I am having a problem with a carve node because it does not create the consistent UV line. (some of the primitive does not start from the same point and it creates vertical line or reverse horizontal line.) At the end, I found the primitive and reverse SOP and it helps to change UV for carve, but I don't know how to change just for the part that goes in a wrong direction. Is there a way to change UV only the wrong part or make every primitive consistent?
Edited by sungho1114 - June 10, 2019 16:01:14

Attachments:
64273278_2238493489537185_2666395807086804992_o.jpg (297.1 KB)
Capture1.PNG (419.9 KB)

900 posts
how do you create the curves?
18 posts
Andr
how do you create the curves?

I used the mapbox to create the mesh, separating the wall parts by deleting the floor and the ceiling, and use divide bricker polygons to make a square shape on the building and carve it from there. Even though I skip these steps (except mesh and divide), it still creates weird inconsistent carve pattern. I was trying to solve this problem by looking for the pattern and change just problematic part, I couldn't find a way to solve it in procedural ways and stuck in this situation ;(
Edited by sungho1114 - June 10, 2019 16:15:04
2042 posts
The inherent UV of the primitive is determined by the order in which vertices were created for the primitives.

If your consistent in the direction of creating the primitives, you'll get the same direction results with the carve sop.

Otherwise you'll have to use the reverse sop, or settle in reversing using U for V and V for U on the carve sop.
18 posts
BabaJ
The inherent UV of the primitive is determined by the order in which vertices were created for the primitives.

If your consistent in the direction of creating the primitives, you'll get the same direction results with the carve sop.

Otherwise you'll have to use the reverse sop, or settle in reversing using U for V and V for U on the carve sop.

Thank you for the explanation about UV.
but I haven't really used reverse sop before other than reversing face for turning backface. How can I settle in reversing U for V and V for U on the carve sop without rotating other good primitives or how do I specify the group for the wall that goes into the wrong way? I just played around with it and I couldn't find a way to use reverse sop in the right way other than the source group.
Edited by sungho1114 - June 10, 2019 17:01:41
2042 posts
Here's what I mean about swapping UVs in the carve sop. Even with this way - If you want to keep the same point order you have to add a sort node after.

Attachments:
Swapping UV parameters in Carve Sop.hiplc (85.2 KB)

18 posts
BabaJ
Here's what I mean about swapping UVs in the carve sop. Even with this way - If you want to keep the same point order you have to add a sort node after.

Thank you so much for your help. I will try make the order for the carve node.
  • Quick Links