extrude SOPs

3504   3   0
2624 posts
I note there are several options for extruding SOP poly extrude / and SOP extrude. If I create a circle I can use either SOP , but only with poly extrude SOP can I add divisions to the extrusion. What if I am using a nurbs circle and wish to extrude that how do I add divisions to my nurbs extrusion ?

R
Gone fishing
7724 posts
I assume that you haven't tried putting anything in the second input of the Extrude SOP then? Put down a default Line SOP and pipe that into the Extrude SOP's second input. Now increase the Points parameter in the Line SOP. You can further control the form of the extrusion by manipulating the point positions of the Line SOP.
639 posts
Hello,

If it's NURBS, could you have used OPs such as Refine SOP to define your division either before or after your extrude operation? It should be fairly easy to add more isoparm to your NURBS object – but polygonal object can require more work to add edge loops… (not sure if I am making any sense here…)

EDIT: Heheh. Ed beat me to it. : )
2624 posts
Thanks again Edward ! and Alex, I hope you can suffer my questions however simple they may seem as I am sure to have more very soon !

R
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links