COPY SOP

3547   3   0
2624 posts
I have a question concerning input of data though, I thought using a group SOP I could define 1 poly as my group , pipe this into my copy SOP input 2 , for my input 1 into my copy SOP Im piping a sphere in , but what ever I do I end up with 6 spheres copied to my input 2, even though the group is defined as a poly .
After looking at this and trying various fixes what ever I do to the group SOP it only seems to read groups of points , whenever I have used the edit TAB in the group SOP to try and convert points to primative group , I get the RED play arrow.

regards R
Gone fishing
4262 posts
When you use the Copy SOP's second input you'll get a copy of your first input applied to every point in your second. Because copy to template is point based only point groups will work. That said, what are you trying to do? If you want a copy of some input at the centroid of each polygon instead of at its points you could wire in a Divide SOP and only turn on Compute Dual.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
2624 posts
Thanks for the tip , at the moment I have a randomly spread stems ( the poly tubes ) spread over a surface , and ocilating using a sin wave in xy and zy randomly and ontop of these stems I wanted tp spread randomly sized spheres , hence this is where my problem of defining the poly on the stem comes in , Im just about to try the divide node and define a point on the top of the stem as a group. !

So far since picking up Houdini its given me back some excitment over 3d , its just the lack information in the help files , much of what Im learning seems to come from fireside chat , this board or an ex sidefx employee … but none the less Im very excited about where houdini is going !

R
Gone fishing
557 posts
Ah yes, the old Houdini fireside chat. There's nothing quite like them… :wink:
  • Quick Links