digital assets and relative internal references

5385   5   3
50 posts
Hello again, working on creating a new digital asset, however I have some references to a chop network outside of the digital asset. When I try to create the digital asset a warning appears saying that I need to “convert these references to relative internal references”. How would I go about doing this? oprelativepath???
~the most important things in life aren't things~
4140 posts
It's only a warning, since one of the typical uses of assets is to have something self-contained that does it's job, and doesn't rely on external resources in order to work. You can ignore the warning it if this doesn't bother you(but keep in mind on a production level, this sort of thing might become problematic, depending on the asset).

If you find this annoying, it can be turned off when you right click on the node you're building, select Type Properties, and turn off “Check External References”.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
7025 posts
Also, when you use CHOPs, every CHOP by default references /obj in the Export Prefix (common tab) which often causes many many warnings with CHOPs.

Even if you use `oprelativepath(“.”)` in there or something like that, it still catches it and gives you an warning.
Cheers,

Peter B
50 posts
Does that mean that if you try to create a digital asset using a chop reference that it is impossible to make that reference an internal relative reference?
~the most important things in life aren't things~
7025 posts
Hi,
No, you can do it, but you may get warnings that you have to ignore… I use CHOPs all the time in my OTLs but I'll often get spurious warnings.

Cheers,

Peter B
35 posts
pbowmar
Hi,
No, you can do it, but you may get warnings that you have to ignore… I use CHOPs all the time in my OTLs but I'll often get spurious warnings.

Cheers,

Peter B

Hi Peter, any chance of a link or similar to how you do it?

Cheers.
The only devil I know is in the detail.
  • Quick Links