Viewport Draw in multiple Colors

3674   3   1
229 posts
Hi,

to visualize my node-internal calculations i want to draw some stuff in the Viewport.
Actual i'm using GU_PrimPoly to draw the stuff with myGuide. Now my question, is it possible to draw in other colors than Blue ??, Red/Green whatever. and .. is it possible to draw text into the viewport ??.

that would help me very much ….

thx in advance

Sebastian
7715 posts
Not that I know of right now. It might be useful to just expose them as attributes anyhow. Then you can just use the visualization options in the Paint SOP.
229 posts
Hi,

@edward

maybe you misunderstood my question, i'm creating a Particle Operator using the HDK and i want to color some of the Polygons/Lines i draw in the viewport in other colors than blue. Im Using the GOP_Guide and GU_PrimPoly to draw the Stuff. Is there a chance to color the blue lines into a green or Red Line ??.

An the other question is there a chance to write text into the viewport, also using the HDK ??.

thx
Sebastian
Staff
1072 posts
I don't believe that you can change the color of the guide geometry, without changing the color that all guide geometry is drawn in. You can, however, draw text using GOP_Guide::addText().
  • Quick Links