Pose Library

1111   1   1
2 posts
Hi,

I'm making big waves with rigging a character from scratch and was trying out the Pose Library. It looks to have some real potential but I'm finding it difficult to record just the channels I really want. When creating a pose, you are asked for a single source of channels. Normally, only the 9 transform channels are recorded for that source - there is no rippling down the network to its children.

What I'd like to do is record just specific channels for specific objects in my hierarchy. I thought selecting those specific channels of those objects in the animation editor would do this, but to no avail - only the channels from the source object are stored.

Any ideas? I've found a work around using the motionfx method from the animation editor but I love the pictures of the Pose Library.

Steve
Edited by mr_jelly - Jan. 29, 2020 06:16:02
Staff
1255 posts
Hi Steve,

The Pose Library is designed to work with a single source of animation channels. For example, a character wrapped up in an HDA. So channels in several objects would normally be promoted up to the HDA node and the Pose Library would work with just the HDA node.

Note that the Pose Library only records channels that are scoped/visible in the Animation Editor. The TRS channels are configured to auto-add themselves to the Animation Editor which explains why the Pose Library always records them.

To view other channels in the Animation Editor, RMB-click on the parameter in the Parameters pane and choose Channels -> Add to Channel List. This will also tell the Pose Library to record those channels.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rob
  • Quick Links