Flip Fluid Collides with object

1452   3   0
40 posts
Hi everyone,

I am struggling with something simple here, can't get my head around it.
I want to emmit some fluid from inside this bucket

First Thing:
I am using an emiter and a flip solver to fill the bucket, BUT it just fills it I want it to spill over the top but it doesn't.
I don't understand why the emission would not continue to happen and make the fluid spill over

Second thing is, I want the fluid particles(when pourring over) lifting the top of the bucket wich is another Geo with RigidBody Solver, once again it doesn't work, maybe because of the first issue.

And last thing, I want to use a constraint to attach the top to the bucket so the fluid only lift and rotate the top when pourring out on the Z axis.

Thanks for helping,

Romano.

Attachments:
fluid.PNG (133.4 KB)
fluid_2.PNG (239.2 KB)
Bucket.hipnc (2.5 MB)

209 posts
Did you see this topic?
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/48883/ [www.sidefx.com]
40 posts
Hi, thanks for getting back to me,
I've found an alternative by using a flip from object, that represent the volume of the bucket and placed another emitter with pop force, it creates a mess in the fluid and it spills over the top , that will do for now, but I will take a look at the “divergence field”

thanks,

R.
40 posts
Ok great, thanks for the tip, it actually works perfectly with the “Expand from object”
now I just need to time my activation with expressions and I can make it spill over as I want.

Thanks
  • Quick Links