ropfetch not reading rendered files correctly

4062   6   3
8 posts
Ive got a redshift render Ive set up in TOPs using a ropfetch.

Ive rendered it using the localscheduler, then closed the file and opened it back up again. When I recook its not finding the rendered files and its starting the render again.

I dont know what to do without rerendering the whole top again.

I understand if I had saved the “task graph file” before closing I could just load that up, but its too late.

1. Is there a way to manually set the state of tasks to finished?
2. is there a way to make sure the ropfetch is looking in the right place for the rendered file? Im assuming its because the ropfetch doesnt know what redshifts output directory is.. but im not sure.
Staff
387 posts
If the Cache Mode on the ROP Fetch is set to “Automatic”, the Ropfetch will attempt to find the rendered images on disk, and if it can't find them it will cook again. It should be looking to wherever the Output Image is set to. Can you post the expression that you are using for the Output of the Redshift ROP?
8 posts
Hi Brandon, just loaded this up this morning to get you the output expression and its working. The ropfetch just checks on disk and fills in tasks as i would expect.

I dont think this was user error I spent ages on this the other day trying all sorts of different things!

One thing Im sure of is that when i middle clicked on the tasks previously There was no “output” or “expected output”- Its showing up now maybe it just needed a reset. Thanks anyway!
36 posts
Hi,
I have a similar problem with Arnold.
I use a ropfetch TOP and reference a Arnold ROP.
After that a Partition by Frame TOP and than a Image Magick Top to create a montage.
I always get the following Error:

ERROR: there are no input images

# —- Running onError —-

# —- Finished running onError —-

The ouput path in the Arnold ROp is:
$HIP/../OUT/render_ar/$HIPNAME/$OS/wdg_`@wedgeindex`/$HIPNAME.$OS.wdg_`@wedgeindex`.$F4.jpg

If I do the exact same with a Mantra ROP everything works perfectly fine.
So somehow the Arnold ROP doesn't seem to output the Output Path for the Images, even though when middle clicking:

Expected Output
__PDG_DIR__/../OUT/render_ar/lt_cell_growth_prvs_h175_v126_am/ar_prev_geo/wdg_1/lt_cell_growth_prvs_h175_v126_am.ar_prev_geo.wdg_1.0001.jpg file/image

So I assume there is a general problem with the ROP fetch TOP and third party renderers at the moment.
Would be great to get some help here!
Thanks

Houdini FX Educational 17.5.266
Windows 8

Attachments:
pdg_error.JPG (109.7 KB)

201 posts
Hello! I ran into the same problem when writing my own task scheduler for a render farm, that when the task is completed, the node shows that the task state is complete, but the path to the cache still shows the expected output and this until you forcefully recook it.

What method or solution to recook node? I assumed that this onWorkItemSucceeded method should set the status of the work item correctly.
68 posts
hi, apparently I'm running into the same issue here, while fetching a Vray rop. It does not generate any expected files, and renders all frames everytime.

To add to the problem, my “ROP Path” parm (in the ropfetch node)is also built from pdg attributes (it uses a different rop node depending on the workitem being processed), something like this:

ROP Path: /obj/ropnet1/`@rop_node_name`

May that be the cause for it not being able to generate the expected outputs? it also fails when I try to set the “Output Parm Name” parm, telling me that it can't find the node “/obj/ropnet1/” in the example above (clearly not resolving the pdg attribute).

Has it ever been addressed? or is it something I might have to ask for the v-ray devs ?

thank you
Edited by fabriciochamon - Jan. 30, 2020 18:13:22
5 posts
BrandonA
If the Cache Mode on the ROP Fetch is set to “Automatic”, the Ropfetch will attempt to find the rendered images on disk, and if it can't find them it will cook again. It should be looking to wherever the Output Image is set to. Can you post the expression that you are using for the Output of the Redshift ROP?
Hello Brandon,

Im having the same problem. But, mine still gives me errors when i set the rop to read.

Here is the

the path im using

$JOB/assets/renders/EXRs/$ACTIVETAKE/${OS}_${AOV}_${ACTIVETAKE}.$F4.exr
Edited by danezmotion - March 2, 2020 03:54:14
  • Quick Links