Lost my shelf tools...

3279   4   1
15 posts
Hello,

I encountered a pretty annoying bug that made me lost my shelf tools.

I'm on Houdini Indie Steam version, and I had a bug with QT widget, that was fixed on the daily build of Houdini.
I decided to opt-in the beta in steam, but after restarting, my custom shelf tools disappeared.

So I don't know if it's because of switching beta or steam cloud that bugged.

I don't think there is any way I can recover them, but I wanted you to be aware of this issue.

Robin
806 posts
Moin, Robin,

the shelfs are configured for the various desktops or contexts. Have you tried resetting your current desktop?

In theory that should rebuild the shelf for your desktop.

Marc

Attachments:
lookie.jpg.png (286.9 KB)

---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
15 posts
malbrecht
Moin, Robin,

the shelfs are configured for the various desktops or contexts. Have you tried resetting your current desktop?

Image Not Found

In theory that should rebuild the shelf for your desktop.

Marc

Hello Marc,

I Did. My shelf is here, but not the tools inside…
320 posts
I'm getting an annoying popup saying similar thing whenever I make a change to viewports. this was after updating to 0.416
Edited by bobc4d - April 12, 2020 12:09:04

Attachments:
Houdini error.png (15.0 KB)

806 posts
According to this thread [www.sidefx.com] the Qt warning about WM_DESTROY should have been resolved in daily build 430. Pretty sure that the lost shelf tools are unrelated to the Qt warning.

@Robin: Maybe you could try renaming your Houdini-18 settings folder (with Windows that's in your personal documents folder) - quit Houdini, rename that folder, restart Houdini. See if that fixes things, if so, you could copy over what you consider important.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
  • Quick Links