Curly atmosphere fog?

1319   2   1
408 posts
Hey guys, i'm trying to create a swirly / curly type of atmosphere / environment fog. I thought mixing some rasterize particles with a curl noise volume would do the trick somewhat, but i'm not succeding in getting any results when mixing both volumes. Any wizz around who could take a pick at this hip for me please? Thanks a bunch in advance.

Quick note, I will render with Redshift3D, so any tricks involving volume displacements won't work…. sadly.

Cheers,

A.

Attachments:
Fog_01.hiplc (426.0 KB)

255 posts
Any feedback from then to know when volume texture displacement will work in Redshift? This is a major limitation…
Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Env and Lighting  artist & Houdini generalist & Creative Concepts
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas [fr.linkedin.com]
408 posts
Check on the Redshift3D forum, i think they are doing some interesting progress with Volumes. Just heard they are close to have DEEP compositing working with those soon.Not sure about displacement. But with DEEPs a lot more should be possible at Post, including altering look and shape in the 3D at post (?!).

About my post, i haven't found a solution to displace veolume-rasterized-particles , still can't figure out how to convert that to a volume i can displace in a VOP. But it works just fine with regular volumes. It's sure is slower as you need a lot more voxels to get curlnoise / aaflownoise details in the viewport. Doing it at render time sadly is still not an option with RS (Actually i did not ask Panos about it… i should).

Cheers,

A.
  • Quick Links