Autoscope descendants

2347   4   1
655 posts
I have an object with a Follow path constraint and all works lovely but when I press V to open the animation editor the position parameter living inside the chops does not appear.

To fix it I go to Scope channels Dialog and turn on the “Include Descendants” and things work but…

next time I open the window (even with the flag on) these channels dont appear any more and I have to go through the same route.

Is this a bug? a feature? It would be great to have a hotkey modifier (shift+V may be?) to bring the curves and its descendants as with the new CHOPs approach this may become very important workflow tweak.

I do hope this makes sense… thanks
Staff
476 posts
I'll have a look. I don't use V key often and there could be a bug lurking in there.
Is AutoScope enabled on the position parameter? It's added through scripting by the shelf tool, so maybe autoscope isn’t enabled.
Staff
476 posts
Sorry for coming late with a reply.
I'll have to log an RFE for it.

The V key is mapped to Scope Channels and doesn't use the settings from the Scope Channels Dialog but I don't quite see why it doesn't.
The Scope Channels Dialog doesn't have a mapable hotkey associated with it, so you can't popup the dialog from an hotkey.

And most importantly, the Scope Channel Dialog Settings aren't persisted anywhere. This one might be tricky to implement, because I can see situations where you want the Settings to stay attached to nodes and other where you want it to act globally.

I feel the dialog is also missing an option to scope channels with the Auto-Scope flag.

And finally, when you say ‘the next time you open the window’, we are missing a hook to use Scope Channel Dialog Settings.

Currently, the Animation Editor reacts to the selection by looking only at the Auto-Scope flag on selected nodes.
If you want to keep channels scoped, you can use some workarounds after you do the Scoped Channels Dialog:
- Pin individual channels from the channel lister
- Pin an Animation Editor to lock all the scoped channels.
- Create a Channel Group out of your Scoped Channels and reselect it later on.
Edited by Guillaume - April 11, 2017 10:34:09
Staff
476 posts
RFE #82108
68 posts
- any news on this ?

tested in 18.5 and still behaves the same way

- any workaraunds for "include Descendants" by selecting the node ?
- a hotkey, maybe with a Phytonscript ?

any Tips are welcome
  • Quick Links