Unit Tests generate warnings & Errors in editor

1460   1   0
1 posts
We have the Version 1 Houdini plugin (if this is thought to be fixed in Version 2 we can use that, but it's unclear which is actually more recent due to having a 'new' version of Version 1)

The Houdini tests in the editor (defined in HoudiniEngineRuntimeTest.cpp) generate both errors and warnings for us.
The warnings are from the provided test content, InputEcho, TestBox, etc. These have hard-coded absolute paths in them to someone's 'D:' drive and always generate a warning about not being up-to-date.

I was able to address the warning by changing the code in UHoudiniAsset::CreateAsset to store a Relative path instead of an absolute one, and to reimport the test content. I'm not sure this is correct.

We are also getting errors in the tests - sometimes in the batch test
1) LogHoudiniEngine: Error: Hapi failed: Invalid argument given: Invalid id.
2) and with sometimes getting GEO back with 0 parts, but if I force it immediately to run again (via debugger Set Next Statement) it works

We are disabling the tests for now, since we don't really need them, but we would expect these tests to work (we have our own editor tests and run unit tests on the whole editor semi-regularly)

Thanks
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

You definitely should be using V2, not V1.
V1 has a lot of bugs/issues that have been fixed in v2, lacks a lot of features, and is basically not supported anymore.
I only periodically update it for the studios that were using it, and that are unfortunately too far in development to be able to switch to v2. (and the upgrade from a v1 project to v2 is not straight forward).
V1 is basically deprecated, and will soon not be a part of the Houdini builds.

Where did you find a "new" version of V1 ? I have barely touched it for quite some time now, whereas v2 gets daily updates.

As for the v1 tests, please ignore them, they were never meant to be run or used outside of SideFX and are mostly debug.
Do not expect those tests to run/pass.
  • Quick Links