What license should I get?

1901   2   0
3 posts
I am looking to do rendering in parallel using Redshift and Houdini as I have scenes that will be rendered on 20-50 VMs on Azure cloud. What kind of Houdini license do I need? Do I need to purchase Houdini Core for each machine or does my single license suffice? These machines will be created and teardown after completion.
250 posts
https://www.sidefx.com/faq/question/rendering-with-engine-licenses [www.sidefx.com]
387 posts
Hi, do you need to call Houdini Engine (procedural) from the Redshift render process? If you do, then you need at least a Houdini Engine license (batch) for computing that procedural.

Another option is to generate Redshift render caches (*.rs) without any other dependency on your single machine with a single Houdini license and then render those caches on Azure cloud from the Redshift command line. In that case, you will need only Redshift renderer licences for Azure cloud VMs. This is the process we are using as we don't have to take an extra Houdini Engine license for every render node.
  • Quick Links