FBX Export Issues

1173   1   1
169 posts
I have a car mesh that's skinned (weighted) and I'm trying to export as an fbx. All goes as planned if I export it directly. I put display flag on the null and get the same car mesh (right side is original) as the FBX exported (left side is the imported FBX that was exported).

However, if I plug a polyreduce and blast some parts, and put the display flag on the red null below the polyreduce node, in the viewer (right) I see the polyreduced mesh (works great), but exported (right) I still get the FULL MESH. In other words, The display flag is ignored and I'm still somehow getting the full mesh.

Now I've also plugged in a simple box into the same null where the FBX above was exported from and it works just fine.

Maybe I'm not understanding something correctly but I cannot figure out how:

1) The display flag on the mesh is completely ignored when exporting FBX (is that normal).

2) Are there any issues or limitations on FBX exporting of altered skinned meshes (again, I'm performing a blast and polyreduce after the deform sop - works great inside H)
Edited by firefly9000 - April 16, 2021 16:22:19

Attachments:
h01.png (471.9 KB)
h02.png (485.4 KB)
h03.png (514.4 KB)

Winter is coming!
169 posts
Okay, I think I get it now. On a FBX export the DEFORM node is always the one picked up if it's in the hierarchy. Anything after it is ignored I think. So any mesh altering must take place before the deform. The display flag doesn't really matter as I see.
Winter is coming!
  • Quick Links