Houdini Indie Saving File As Non Commercial

3416   2   0
101 posts
Hey folks. I was working on a new project in Houdini Indie 18.5.351 in the LOP context. When I just saved my file it converted the file to a NC file. I did a considerable amount of work and need to get renders out today. It appears that now my file will only open in Houdini Apprentice mode.

I would very much like to recover my work in the proper LC format. Any suggestions?

p.s. I originally attempted my work in 18.5.563 but Karma is broken in that version (bug reported via proper channels today). Just in case this particular issue was addressed in the new version. Either way, you can see I'm stuck lol.
2537 posts
Check the extension on your last save. Is it truly a .hipnc file? If so, you may have accidentally pasted a node from a NC file into your document. This gives you a great big warning and downgrades the license on the file you are pasting into. This degradation continues, even if you decide you don't need that node and throw it away.

Check your backup folder for the last known good .hiplc version of your project. Try opening it up and rebuilding whatever you lost. Do a test save to make sure it remains a .hiplc before proceeding.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
340 posts
You can also go to Houdini or orbit's site, log in and convert the file from apprentice to indie version.
  • Quick Links