RBD Glued Object + Flip Fluid - loss of particles

1066   3   2
2 posts
Hi guys,

I know there's a bazillion forum posts on the internet about this topic but I'm still incapable of fixing it, because it seems that's never a broken obj in play.

I want to have a fractured obj filled with water inside.

With a static obj node I can make the water stay inside no problem, but with the RBD Packed one, the water just goes to the third dimension and I never get to see it again. I must be missing something simple but can't for the love of god figured out what.

It has been like 5 days and I'm about to go insane XD
Thanks

Image Not Found
Edited by Tonemendes - Sept. 22, 2021 06:44:34

Attachments:
glued-obj-w-flip-problem.hiplc (2.4 MB)

86 posts
This is always a challenge for me too. Bullet and FLIP act weird in most cases. And in other cases unpacked won't do.

There might be better ideas but if I were you I would do the RBD sim first then make the FLIP particles collide with it.
2 posts
Berk_Erdag
This is always a challenge for me too. Bullet and FLIP act weird in most cases. And in other cases unpacked won't do.

There might be better ideas but if I were you I would do the RBD sim first then make the FLIP particles collide with it.

Yeah, I will try that. Meanwhile I got a response from other place but the guy sent me a hipfile that I couldn't quite follow, and the bottom of the tank was fixed, which I wanted to explode a bit off.

I'm new to Houdini and this is just for a exercise, so If that doesn't work, I will just think of other idea and move on.

Thank you!
86 posts
I understand. I hope I could help more.

Hopefully someone with a better idea will answer.
  • Quick Links