Redshift AOVs

2026   3   0
306 posts
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get AOVs from Redshift from Solaris?

Definetely feels like it can be done - there's AOV processing vars on the Render Settings LOP. However I can find no documentation or tutorials that cover it. Been clicking plenty. Guessing special incantation of rendervars and perhaps some care in the material creation?

If someone can help me get something out I'll make the bloody youtube video!

Cheers.
“First things first – but not necessarily in that order”
– The Doctor
7770 posts
It's up to redshift to ship their own render settings node for adding aovs.
240 posts
I hope they document this stuff better, but there is a thread that lists the specific syntax you need.

https://redshift.maxon.net/topic/29619/rendervars-implementation-resolved/2 [redshift.maxon.net]

You would need to define RenderVars with these terms as the "Source Name" property. I'd suggest replying to that thread if you have more questions. SideFX isn't responsible for 3rd party renderers.
Edited by Tim Crowson - Nov. 30, 2021 12:52:24
- Tim Crowson
Technical/CG Supervisor
306 posts
Ah, brilliant. The missing forum thread I was after! Thanks Tim... I see you've covered some ground there in that thread. Will continue AOV discussion on the Redshift forum.

I'll also be mindful to search that forum directly - seems like google isn't indexing it as it mustn't be public.
“First things first – but not necessarily in that order”
– The Doctor
  • Quick Links