How to use Color COP?

1934   8   0
448 posts
COP confuses me like hell. I can't even make a simple white square:

Why is (1, 1, 1, 1) black? Why are there red borders around the input fields?

Attachments:
unknown.png (42.1 KB)

1643 posts
Are you sure it's not a display glitch?

If you put down a brand new colorCOP, in 19.0.475, without some custom presets or anything present, it should be pure white.
Is it possible that you're in manual mode? (bottom right of the global UI, the dropdown next to the little brain icon).

Another thing that I have on this machine here is that sometimes the previews on the nodes get "stuck" and update only when moving the network editor. But this is purely a display thing, it still cooks perfectly fine, and the composite view shows it correctly, assuming that it auto-cooks.
Martin Winkler
money man at Alarmstart Germany
448 posts
protozoan
Are you sure it's not a display glitch?

If you put down a brand new colorCOP, in 19.0.475, without some custom presets or anything present, it should be pure white.
Is it possible that you're in manual mode? (bottom right of the global UI, the dropdown next to the little brain icon).

Another thing that I have on this machine here is that sometimes the previews on the nodes get "stuck" and update only when moving the network editor. But this is purely a display thing, it still cooks perfectly fine, and the composite view shows it correctly, assuming that it auto-cooks.

But I use the ROP to render an .exr, and it's still black...

Attachments:
Screenshot 2021-12-25 003258.png (273.2 KB)

1643 posts
Check the attached file.. does that, too, render black?

Attachments:
cop_white.hip (47.0 KB)

Martin Winkler
448 posts
Your file works fine for me.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2021-12-25 021646.png (76.0 KB)

448 posts
After I opened your file, my file fixed itself too. (???)

I guess it's a very weird glitch. Many thanks nevertheless.
1643 posts
raincole
After I opened your file, my file fixed itself too. (???)

Something strange is afoot there.
Martin Winkler
7850 posts
check the frame range on the COP and make sure it overlaps with the range on your ROP/current frame. Either that or set it to static. This got me the other day too, I couldn't figure out why it was rendering black and it turned out that the COP node's range was shot range (1001-1XXX) and I was rendering frame 1 since it was a static image.
448 posts
check the frame range on the COP and make sure it overlaps with the range on your ROP/current frame. Either that or set it to static. This got me the other day too, I couldn't figure out why it was rendering black and it turned out that the COP node's range was shot range (1001-1XXX) and I was rendering frame 1 since it was a static image.

Oh... OH! I think you're right. I was making animation. The file probably didn't fix itself because I opened someone else's file... it was just me restarting the animation.
  • Quick Links