HDA Folder Type Tabs help!

1864   6   1
357 posts
Let's say you have a folder tab group in the parameter interface that groups two folders and below that tab group you have some more parameters. Now let's say one of those folders in the tab group has a lot more parameters that the other, the parameters that come after this tab group will be placed a distanced away based on the folder that has more parameters even if I am on the folder with a few parameters. How can I set it up so the parameters that follows the group are placed based on the distance of the currently selected folder and not have all that ridiculous empty space on groups with less params? Hopefully the gif explains this better than the words lol.

Attachments:
HDA_folder_tabs_help.gif (2.3 MB)

hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
357 posts
Hi, all resurfacing this to check if anybody has any ideas that can help with this UI issue?
7809 posts
miccetro
How can I set it up so the parameters that follows the group are placed based on the distance of the currently selected folder and not have all that ridiculous empty space on groups with less params?

The distance is based on the 'fullest' folder, not the current one.
357 posts
jsmack
miccetro
How can I set it up so the parameters that follows the group are placed based on the distance of the currently selected folder and not have all that ridiculous empty space on groups with less params?

The distance is based on the 'fullest' folder, not the current one.
Yeh, and no way to make it based on the current one? any workarounds or hack even?
7809 posts
miccetro
Yeh, and no way to make it based on the current one? any workarounds or hack even?

Not really. I would use simple groups instead of tabs.
357 posts
jsmack
miccetro

Not really. I would use simple groups instead of tabs.
Will do, Thanks.
131 posts
Why not use Collapsible folders?
  • Quick Links