Deactivating shadows for individual lights in Karma

1555   1   1
20 posts
Hi,
I’ve worked for quite a while with SOPs and Houdini Engine, but don’t have much experience in rendering and Karma.

Is it possible to deactivate Shadows or adjust the Shadow Intensity for individual lights in Karma?
Setting “Shadow Type” to “No Shadows” on a light doesn’t seem to do anything for example.
Deactivating all shadows can easily done in the render properties, but I don't know how to do it for individual lights.

Somehow related to this: Because of this I’ve searched for a while for a documentation page which shows which features are NOT supported by Karma yet, can someone point me to a site like that?
7852 posts
https://www.sidefx.com/faq/karma/ [www.sidefx.com]

Raschko
Setting “Shadow Type” to “No Shadows” on a light doesn’t seem to do anything for example.
That sounds like the setting on mantra lights. The shadows setting in Karma is on the Shadow tab of the light. Using the Karma rop to translate a scene in /obj may miss some of the minutia of the scene, either due to partial support or no equivalent feature in karma or usd. In this case, I think you can submit a bug as there is a semi-equivalent setting, although it there is no shadowmap type in karma.
  • Quick Links