Vex intersect and remove points loop

1878   3   1
36 posts
Hey, I'm trying to ray points onto a surface, create a polyline and then remove the surrounding points to not have other polylines too close, I almost got it working but right now it's removing the newly created points as well, any tips on how to exclude them? It seams to be a problem with using detail mode but I'm not sure how to set it up in a better way.
Edited by stinzen - April 21, 2022 11:57:39

Attachments:
vex_intersect_deL_neighbours.hip (243.6 KB)
ray_pts.png (678.1 KB)

2042 posts
Is this the kind of result you were hoping for? (new changes in red colored nodes).

I set it up also to remove the zero length prims that get created with the inputs you have set up,
meaning you have points searching and making an intersection with the same location.

Attachments:
vex_intersect_deL_neighbours_v0.hiplc (246.9 KB)

36 posts
Hey BabaJ, thanks for the answer!

No, not exactly, what I want is polylines that are not too close to each other, I'm making geometry for caves, the polylines are "rock pillars" and I don't want them to end up next to each other, but be spread out over the cave.

I want to:
Select a point randomly (currently sort random node and use point 0)
ray intersect onto collision geo and create a polyline between the two points.
remove nearpoints
loop through the new set of points (minus polyline) with the same procedure again.

I tried using a feedback loop but I haven't been able to make it work yet.

Attachments:
ray_delete.jpg (200.4 KB)

36 posts
I managed to get it working in a feedback loop but not exactly like I want it, see comments in .hip file.
Edited by stinzen - April 22, 2022 05:33:34

Attachments:
vex_intersect_deL_neighbours_v1.hiplc (288.5 KB)

• Quick Links