How would you model/simulate this "meat with netting" effect

1662   4   0
432 posts

I'd like to have a piece of meat with netting over it, like what's in the reference. If possible I want it animated (the netting is loose at the beginning and slowly tightens up).

My first thought was using Vellum, but as you can see the strings are very thin. I suppose the meat would need to be extremely high-poly for the strings to "get in", right? Or am I overthinking?

Or is it easier to just model it with some animated parameters instead of simulation?
Edited by raincole - April 25, 2022 23:02:22

Attachments:
d3wlu1twdsv81.png (539.4 KB)
Screenshot 2022-04-26 105527.png (899.2 KB)

2528 posts
You might be able to leverage this technique.
https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/houdini-fake-inflation-squeezing/ [www.sidefx.com]
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
Staff
31 posts
I would start by making the meat a vellum softbody. Then I would make the twine into vellum hair. If you animate the rest length scale you can make the twine contract. You'll need sufficient resolution on meat softbody to get decent bulging. Check out the vellum masterclasses on how to animate the rest length
Edited by lucap1 - April 25, 2022 23:23:55
432 posts
lucap1
I would start by making the meat a vellum softbody. Then I would make the twine into vellum hair. If you animate the rest length scale you can make the twine contract. You'll need sufficient resolution on meat softbody to get decent bulging. Check out the vellum masterclasses on how to animate the rest length

I understand how to animate the rest length. But as you said the meat needs to have rather high res and I don't have a workstation (just a regular PC) so I kinda worry about it... maybe I'll do it anyway and see how long it takes.
116 posts
Just use with a little bit tweaking Muscle Deform SOp endless variation.3 sec setup.
Its fast.
Edited by cncverkstad - April 26, 2022 06:19:34

Attachments:
Assmo066fddtfhd.gif (3.2 MB)
eetyy.jpg (428.1 KB)
fgnrrhgy.jpg (545.6 KB)

Conservation of Momentum
  • Quick Links