MMB problem

3336   2   2
252 posts
Sorry for the dumb question, but I am under the gun trying to get my new laptop to work for a presentation by tomorrow…

I just got a new laptop and the MMB “click” on the scroll wheel doesn't seem to work in houdini. I tried an older USB mouse from my old laptop which worked fine in that laptop (MMB click on scroll wheel with Houdini..) and made sure the driver was updated in the new one, but same story.

In all my Mouse Controls for XP (the OS I am using) I see nothing for Middle Mouse Button, only scroll wheel settings. Then I noticed that a MMB click in some other applications seemed to work, so maybe the mouse is working okay. Am I missing something?!? Why won't it do anything in Houdini?

Thanks,
Craig
137 posts
I remember having a similar problem but it wasn't with Houdini. The button weren't reacting the same from one application to the other. I resolved this by changing the drivers.

Even if you're mouse is not a Microsoft you can try one of Intellismouse that Microsoft provides. At the time I did this I had a bunch of mouse choice that comes with this driver so you'll be able to find one that work for your mouse.

Good luck!

François
252 posts
That worked!!

Many thanks!
-Craig
  • Quick Links