Multi output and multi bake texture node

1222   5   1
75 posts
Hey there!

I would like to do this, but i'm not sure if it's possible without too much scripting, or at all

Also here, is there any way to tame my mesh destroyed by vdb "volume effect"?
For example i have a cube and i want only destroy the edge of the cube with vdb kind "volume effect" or somehow blend the volume noise destroyed cube with my intact cube by the edge areas masked kind of curvature.

i'm not sure if it's even theoretically possible because i can't control my volume noise with any geo related mask/filter, or can i?

Thank Your for your help in advance

Attachments:
baktextureatonce.jpg (147.2 KB)

8592 posts
ostyascukor
I would like to do this, but i'm not sure if it's possible without too much scripting, or at all
use TOPs and Wedging

ostyascukor
i'm not sure if it's even theoretically possible because i can't control my volume noise with any geo related mask/filter, or can i?
you can,
create volume based on the attribute using VDB From Polygons
then use that volume as a mask to some VDB operations or inside of Volume Wrangle/VOP
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
7802 posts
ostyascukor
Hey there!

create a separate object for each bake rop and use an object merge to bring in the relevant geo. You could also use a switch with takes/prerender script to flip the switch.

I would avoid using output nodes in a geo node. They are for use in subnets. When used in a geo node they override the display and render flags. Geo nodes cannot have more than one output.
75 posts
tamte
i wrote: "i can't control my volume noise with any geo related mask/filter, or can i?"
You wrote: "create volume based on the attribute using VDB From Polygons "

But what i mean i would like to control my volume noise, for example with curvature information (i guess curvature isn't exist in "vdb space" )
Or can i transfer somehow the curvature info to vdb (don't think so)?
Or how can i use the volume noise only on the "edges" of my VDB converted polygons?

It would be really arse kicking if i could erode my metal parts with volume noise but just on the edges of the metal parts, or let's say i could make leather straps weary with volume noise, but just at the edges, or if i have a skull and i could erode the bone controled by a slope mask, but in vdb mode how can i use those geo dependent stuffs like curvature, or slope, ect...?

omg i just searched TOPs. A whole new world Way too much for once :P

jsmack
"create a separate object for each bake rop..."
You mean should i duplicate my geo?

"...and use an object merge to bring in the relevant geo"
where should i use the object merge?
and should i merge the object with what?

Thanks both of You for the fast replies!
Edited by ostyascukor - May 26, 2022 18:05:41

Attachments:
wantdetroyonlyedges.jpg (169.0 KB)

8592 posts
ostyascukor
Or can i transfer somehow the curvature info to vdb (don't think so)?
you can do it using VDB From Polygons as I mentioned, just pick your "curvature" attribute or any others in the Surface Attributes multiparm (there are other options if your geo is dense enough you could use Volume Rasterize Attributes or Volume From Attribute, but VDB From Polygons is the cleanest if you are dealing with sdf of the same geo)

then you will have those attributes represented as vdb volumes and you can use them as masks for your operations as mentioned
Edited by tamte - May 26, 2022 18:26:00
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
75 posts
I see now! i thought You mean the mesh itself!

Thank You for your help again!

One more thing just popped up in my mind
I already using curvatures (beautiful 32bit, true 3d gradient curvatures, compared to substance painter loosy one haha) and i would
like to create also a "leaking mask group"

Like i define some area section like AO, Top of the object, ect and smear/leak them down with some kind of direction blur to get a large gradient leak mask base, that i can use in substance painter with some grunge map to get variations.

Is there any direction blur kind of effect? Direction blur like a kind of slope blur driven with position mask (in substance designer You can create leak like effect with a slope blur+position map (green channel)
I only found Labs slope effect which can be a good base for one of my leak type.

Sorry for the too much questions
Edited by ostyascukor - May 26, 2022 18:42:45
  • Quick Links