Using a Multiparm with Labs PSDTrace layers menu

1471   3   1
6 posts
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to assign the parameter menus from the Labs Trace PSD File node into a Subnet's Multiparm parameter menu?

Ideally I'd like to mimic the controls of the TracePSD onto a subnet's parameter list to use in an exportable HDA, but I don't really know how to assign my multiparm parameters to the PSDTrace so that you can scale the number of layers being read.

Normally when I use multiparms it gets set up within a loop to change the parameters of a single node based on iteration, but in this case the Labs PSDTrace itself uses a multiparm in it's own interface.

Attachments:
PSDToGeo.zip (305.0 KB)

6 posts
Hey!

Just wanted to post that I solved my problem. I just dragged the TracePSD SOP into the parameter menu and it just set up the same structure and the changes seem to be percolating down into the SOP from the HDA. Sorry to clog up forums, but I thought I'd just keep this up so people can see it.
118 posts
You could also setup an Import Block folder. On the Folder Name set it to Import Block and in the source it would be
op:trace_psd_file1
In the Gear Icon for Existing Parameters, Enable 'Promote Invisible Parameters'. Then RMB on Folder Name and select Refresh Imports. All the parameters will automatically be added in that folder. After the parameters are imported, in the Layers To Extract Folder -> Layer Name, go to the Menu Tab. You will have to put the name of the node, in this case, mine is trace_psd_file1 into Line 4. See the image below. Then the layers will be visible on your HDA.
Edited by GlenD - May 31, 2022 04:22:44

Attachments:
ImportBlock_01.png (108.9 KB)
ImportBlock_02.png (67.3 KB)

6 posts
^That absolutely kicks butt, thank you so much!
  • Quick Links