Import block mask & token explanation

3213   2   1
9 posts
Hello,
I'm looking to use the Import Block inside an Operator Type to import only a specific parameter folder from a nested HDA.

I assume that this is possible using either the Mask or the Token setting under the Import Settings, but I don't know what to use those 2 fields.

The documentation doesn't explain it unfortunately: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini18.5/ref/windows/optype.html#importblock_source [www.sidefx.com]
and I couldn't find any explanation googling either.

Thank you
36 posts
Source

A reference to the node or file this folder imports its contents from, when Import settings is on.

The source can be either a sub-node, specified using op:node_path, or an external dialog script, specified using file:file_path. For example, to import parameters from a node named torus1 inside the asset, use op:torus1. To import from a node named sphere1 inside an object named geo1 inside the asset, use op:geo1/sphere1.

Token

The name of the item to import from the node/file, when Import settings is on. You can import a folder, an import block, or all the parameters from the source.

To import a folder, use the Name of the folder.

Tab sets are sibling folders that share the same Name. To import the all tabs in a tab set, use the shared Name as the token. To import a single tab from a group, use the Name of the tab set, followed by a colon ( : ), followed by the Label of the folder you want to import.

For example, to import a tab named folder1 with the label "Shading", the token would be folder1:Shading.

To import an import block, use the special token importblock, followed by a colon ( : ), followed by the Label of the import block you want to import.

To import all the parameters from the source, leave the token blank.

To get the name of a folder, select the source node, and in the parameter editor, open the Gear menu and choose Edit Parameter Interface. Then select the folder in the Existing parameters and check the contents of the Name field under Parameter description.

Mask

Only import parameters matching this pattern, when Import settings is on.

Excluding a multiparm will not automatically exclude any existing instances (you should craft the pattern so it excludes both the "parent" multiparm name and instance names).
Edited by RodTebisx - June 2, 2022 18:39:51
Rod Tebisx | Senior Creature FX TD | London
36 posts

In the example above we are importing from the internal node "blendshapes2" the folder "blah", but just the ones starting with "voxel".
Edited by RodTebisx - June 2, 2022 18:52:54

Attachments:
ImportBlock.png (234.1 KB)

Rod Tebisx | Senior Creature FX TD | London
  • Quick Links