Pivot Point Question

1005   3   1
19 posts
Hello, is there any way to create a point on some mesh's pivot point? For example, if I create several points and I could use copy to points node to put several boxes on these points, could I do that reversely? If I have several boxes could I create some points on their pivot point? Thanks!
8583 posts
- you can use Extract Centroid SOP, it really depends on what you consider a pivot
- there is also Extract Transform SOP if you want orient and scale also
- or if your geo is packed there is packedfulltransform and pivot intrinsic you can use to compute transform attribs and then delete prim to be left with the points
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
19 posts
tamte
- you can use Extract Centroid SOP, it really depends on what you consider a pivot
- there is also Extract Transform SOP if you want orient and scale also
- or if your geo is packed there is packedfulltransform and pivot intrinsic you can use to compute transform attribs and then delete prim to be left with the points
Thanks, however when I tried to use Extract Centroid SOP, it create several points and no points is on pivot center. If I import a model from file node, is there any way to get the povit point like in transform node? Thanks!
333 posts
You can use an Assemble, and create packed primitives, which Houdini creates a point for at the centroid by default.

• Quick Links