H19 Viewport Refresh Bug

3877   13   1
30 posts
Hi!
I started experiencing a bug in the viewport with the last two or three production builds of H19.
Currently working on 19.0.657
Graphics card: RTX 2080 Super
PC: AMD Ryzen

A few examples:
1. Let's say I enabled the display points switch. After working for a while and then disabling the switch will still keep the points "blue". Help->Reset Viewport doesn't help.

2. Working with sops: sometimes the colour attribute will stick and won't go away even if deleted and not present in the Geo Spreadsheet. And not just that. The geometry in the viewport can appear to be completely wrong and not displaying the current state.

The ONLY way to refresh the Viewport is by creating a new scene tab. By the end of my working session I may have up to 5 new scene tabs all beacause of this bug.

Is there something I am missing? Any setting I should play around with?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Edited by Robot_and_Robot - June 24, 2022 21:12:07
2536 posts
That's just the current state of Houdini, that's why they've added Help/Reset Viewport option to the product. Instead of creating new ones manually, try that reset menu item.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
30 posts
Enivob
That's just the current state of Houdini, that's why they've added Help/Reset Viewport option to the product. Instead of creating new ones manually, try that reset menu item.

Thank you! But as I mentioned above, Help->Reset Viewport doesn't help...
Edited by Robot_and_Robot - June 25, 2022 16:21:02
2536 posts
So if you're using nVidia, you have two driver options, game or studio. Try installing the other option for your current video driver. There were some bugs related to specific driver versions.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
30 posts
Enivob
So if you're using nVidia, you have two driver options, game or studio. Try installing the other option for your current video driver. There were some bugs related to specific driver versions.
Thank you! Currently running the latest Studio driver. Will install the Game one and report here for posterity.
3 posts
Robot_and_Robot
The ONLY way to refresh the Viewport is by creating a new scene tab. By the end of my working session I may have up to 5 new scene tabs all beacause of this bug.
Experiencing the same problem, here is a tricky way to avoid open too many tabs, when you working under sop content, create a sop node (any of them, like a cube node) and display it. when you re-display your original node, you may find the viewport works fine.
209 posts
Enivob

Why I can't find Reset Viewport under the Help menu?
My Houdini version is 19.0.657.
2536 posts
Not sure, maybe it was removed?

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (102.6 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
209 posts
Seems they have removed it from H 19.0.657!

Attachments:
Reset Viewport.jpg (44.3 KB)

7762 posts
N-G

It was never part of Houdini. They would never put a feature in mainline that capitulates to a bug like that. The menu is from the Labs plugin.

There's no need for the menu. A scene view can be made fresh by closing the viewer, and then undoing the closure from the pane's menu.
209 posts
jsmack
N-G

It was never part of Houdini. They would never put a feature in mainline that capitulates to a bug like that. The menu is from the Labs plugin.

There's no need for the menu. A scene view can be made fresh by closing the viewer, and then undoing the closure from the pane's menu.
Thank you @jsmack It is under the Labs menu I can see it now.
30 posts
N-G
jsmack
N-G

Thank you @jsmack It is under the Labs menu I can see it now.

Still there in mine

Attachments:
2022-06-27 19_31_22-W__Projects_2021_0017_NFT_MainCollections_Production_Houdini_Multiples_Artwork_T.png (230.5 KB)

1 posts
Really this its the solution? Im an Old houdini user and im really get annoying with this bug, I cant do anything without press the reset viewport under help manu, WHY???
its not only that the viewport its not refreshing. If I go up one level or whatever other Sop i enter or Dop, or Cop, or go back to geo, the view not update, and I can not see anything until I press the reset viewport buttom.
Will be a REAL Solution?
regards
P.
27 posts
papahh
Really this its the solution? Im an Old houdini user and im really get annoying with this bug, I cant do anything without press the reset viewport under help manu, WHY???
its not only that the viewport its not refreshing. If I go up one level or whatever other Sop i enter or Dop, or Cop, or go back to geo, the view not update, and I can not see anything until I press the reset viewport buttom.
Will be a REAL Solution?
regards
P.
Maybe in labs

Attachments:
MZ7}9K0@54F0VPDUD3JQF3B.png (12.1 KB)

• Quick Links